Sunday, April 22, 2007

weekendnism 101

Truth is, life is so full of surprises and many of the good surprises do come when you least expect them. Moreover, the best surprises do come when you are not ready for them.
So, i got a huge huge huge, oh so huge surprise. So huge that i think i must have been dreaming. But some people try to get in the way to make sure that i wont be getting the huge huge surprise. I was so mad when i found out and i've sat in my baroque armchair, armed with 2 glasses of kopi tubruk for an hour, thinking. I would think of every possible method to outsmart them, to defend myself when they are going to launch a counter attack, the worst case scenario and everything.
However, in the end i decided to retreat. I've learnt over the years, in a very hard and painful way, that being manipulative, being sly and cunning is not helpful, worse than that, it is not useful at all. You can try every single trick that the best book has ever taught you, but if mother nature is not in favour with you, it wont happen the way you want it to be. The more we try to make something happen, the more we try to change something or someone, the more things will go the wrong ways. Being manipulative might give us a little advance in a short period of time. We might get a little victory, but it is only a temporary triumph. Again, i'll say this: you cannot have (bend your arse trying hard to steal) something that is not meant for you, and nobody else could take away (bend their sorry ass to get) what is meant to be yours.
i've made up my mind that these days, i wont try to be competitive or showing off to anyone the " if i want it i can get it" attitude. I'll make peace with anyone, even if those people try to cheat on me or trying to take advantage on me. I'll smile and sit back, and wait, for time will tell, that no matter what you do, you cannot bring me down. Excuse me, darling. But if God has put me in this position, as far as i'm concern, as long as i do my part, HE will keep me here. And if in the end, i wont be getting what i've prayed for, then well, i'll be a big girl and proudly says that somebody deserves it more than me, may be it's not my time yet,but never mind, the best is yet to come.
we'll see.
Ah hang on, i suppose to be talking about my weekend rite?
  • went to dinner at Nan Xiang: Silvy and Seni. (Ah.. long tyme no see. You gurls look stunning!) And the food are marvelous. The VIP room is excellent and the ferrero dessert is just perfect.
  • stay over at Tirz: maen nintendo Wii: as you all have already predicted: guah dibantai abis2an because gua kebanayakan teriak2, loncat2 dan cubitin ary daripada actually playing. haha
  • church on sunday noon at Bapindo. Great preaching, pastor! He's a batak marrying a Cito. Can you believe it? we were discussing him all the way from kuningan to senopati on Sunday.
  • Trying on new salon for monthly nail work: QUEENDOM. It's korean. So, it all smells very2 Anyong Haseo! but the koreans do really know how to get a perfect pedicure (thou it takes 3 hours to get the job done) i'm pleased :) (tine, my feet are ready for phantom!)
  • Congratulations to Joshua and Cindy for the engagement!!
  • and you, finally you give in! hahaha.. siapa suruh kamu baca koran kompas section olahraga tiap hari, pasti baca artikel Jimmy Jusman terus jadi kepikiran your friend whose name is accociated with the pool player huh? hahahaha... The cold war is officially over! and i WON!!
  • but just when i thought i have a sweet, sweet victory: He sprayed his Armani perfume on my arms, and that's it. He got me. Ahhh.. you do really know how to make a girl thinks about you all day huh, my scorpio? (who use Armani these days? you are so jadul babe!!)

No comments: