Wednesday, May 30, 2007

plastic or no plastic

Hi there!I'm doing a survey (pros and cons) about Plastic Surgery (beauty purpose) and need 100 ppl (50 males and 50 females) to respond. Please simply reply with YES (if you agree) or NO (if you don't agree) also the reason why. Note that your name will remain confidential :-)PS. It's A.S.A.PThank you!!!

-- L S HP: 0813 111 XXXXX

i got this question in my inbox on Friday from my dear friend who's doing a survey for her project. I replied it in 3 seconds. i said under special circumstances, like accidents or if the person is born with disabilities (note: chubby cheek, big nose, no jawline, no lipetan mata, uneven complextion and cup A do not count. I am talking about real disabilities like the ones in extreme makeover cases) , then i would say OK to plastic surgery. But under normal circumstances, i would say no. No to breast enlargement, or tummy tuck or liposuction.

But then, as i sat down with my capucino this morning, i got to think about the survey again. I was like, "Wait a minute, what if I'm pregnant and gain like 100 kilos, and after i gave birth i look like an elephant? I wouldnt mind having lipo. SERIOUSLY. I would do lipo!!" (and i believe whoever my husband is going to be, he would support the idea too!!) And what about cellulite?? See, this is what i dont like about being a woman. We have to have it. Even tyra banks has it. Now, i've read tons and tons of articles on cellulite and i learn that, it is not a result of poor eating habits and lacks of exercise. It is genetic and au naturel. See, if there is nothing that you can do about it naturally, what's the harm in going under the knife??

And moreover.. what about botox and chemical peeling? Are they considered to be plastic surgery? Because if they are, then i would say i am so supporting plastic surgery. Now, you could judge me as much as you want, but i have anjing pug at home, and i can tell you that having wrinkles is not pretty at all. All i am saying is when i hit the 40's mark i am so joining the Demi moore and Teri Hatcher's club. (Owyeah, i know all hollywood residents who're doing one. I watched "plastic surgery gone bad" on E! haha)

Well, you might be asking now, why did i say no in the survey when i, myself , am considering to have procedures done? The answer is that because i could only say YES or NO. she doesnt want an essay. And looking at the question itself, i believe she meant to inquire about the kind of plastic surgery like changing the shape of your face, make your eyes bigger or your nose smaller, you know, michael jackson kinda surgery. Without a second thought: i'm a no.

So bottom line is, in my opinion as long as if the plastic surgery is done to preserve the original version of the person then i agree. But if it is done to alter or modify the originality of the person, then i would say no to plastic.

No comments: