Sunday, May 13, 2007

counting my blessings

jakarta dingin abiss.. if the weather stays like this forever, then Jakarta wud be perfect ( and of course if the degree of macet could be reduced a little) Hujann terus dari kmaren, jadi pengen makan tidur terus bawaannya. Anyway, my mum is flying to Beijing tomorrow. She'll be having a shopping trip for a week with her frens. Haduhhh.. mau ikut dong, mamii!! I have the best monday ever. Everyone is busy with delivery this morning so i got the whole showroom to myself haha! I sat down with my capucinno from the cafe next door. I just knew that the owner of that cafe actually owns a pabrik roti. It has been a week since he sent us free loaves of freshly baked chocolate and almond bread daily!! I tell you, bread talk aint got nuthin compares to this!! enakkk bangett.. free freshly baked roti everyday delivered to my office at 4. Aftenoon snack everyone? moreover one of our clients ternyata own this lifestyle magazine on the rising. Registry magazine. It is like Harper bazaar and tatler (on the early days!!) YAhh lumayan lahh.. the mags got some potential, only that they have to fire their current language editor!! jelek banget bahasa Inggrisnya!! i felt like reading an indonesian text, translated into English. And they got most of the socialite's names wrong on the social pages. Ati2 loh tante2 tatler kan super sensi.
But yeah, cant complain since they send us a free copy too every month. Aint life a sweet retreat? hehe And i am so happy to that my accountant just bought me a new USB. It is just a USB, i know, but i'd been wanting and needing it for the past 4 months, and having no time and not knowing where to buy it. SO when one morning i arrived in the office and finding a new flash disk on my table, i am so wanting to kiss her!!!! terus one of my clients treat me to a divine cheese platter and wine on Saturday evening (for the record, it's not an encek2 yah.. and it's a she!) gila baru juga jam 7 sore udah tipssseehh.. Seneng yahh kalo banyak yang ngasi ini itu huehehehe.. thou God has shown some tough love on me as well.
I was watching 3 separates shows on different days, that is by Joel Osteen, Kong He and Joyce Meyer on the topics of being negative, judgemental and cynical. The three of them are preaching on different topics, but i can sense the same message out of the three sermons. Of course different people can get different things from one particular sermon, it is just what you need at that one particular time. For me, i can sense that God wants me to change my negativity. Through the three sermons i learnt the roots of negativity. Being cynical actually is not a sign that you are smart, so smart that you are paying attention to the details. More specifically, the details and mistakes and flaws of everything that a normal person couldnt see. It is not a sign that you are a meticulous person, it is a defence system to cover your own flaws. Being abrasive and sharp is also a sign of insecurity and bitterness. Those stuff needs to be confronted with before you are spreading deadly virus to your surrounding: spreading negativity that is. A christian should be happy and vibrant and makes people to be wanting to have what you got. That is Joy and peace.
Reading from my blog alone people could have already tell that i am very good at whining and complaining. I can tell all the flaws, insignificant mistake that one makes.Even i can elaborate the roots, the cause and effects, the possibility of turning without evean insignificant mistake into a big and serious problem without even thinking. I'm a cynical and judgemental person naturally. At first i thought that by possessing such traits would make you a perfectionist. It would accelerate your expectations and make you excell more than others. Of course, some of it are true. but it does not make you happy. It makes you a grumpy person. At this age, i can tell you that being happy is much more important than being successful. What is the point of making an achievement, of being the best of the best, if you find yourself stress out and cant stop obessing about everything and being in strive with everyone whom you have thrown tantrums to. Therefore, i have made up my mind, to learn to count my blessings other than scrutinising what went wrong and what could have been done better or what others have and that i dont//
And have i told you about the best treat i've received this week? Grey's anatomy DVDs, the complete 3 seasons from my dearest dear. I was running out of DVDs and just thought that i would drop by the kemang fudfest afterwork to purchase some weekly supplies when he sms me at 9 on Saturday morning, told me that he was out DVD shopping and asked whether i want sum as well. Asssikkk.. thanks babe! you are the best!! *tapi mana yahhh DVDnya?? how cum u still have em wif you!?!??!*

No comments: