Wednesday, March 21, 2007

this iss Sparrtaaa...




the movie is umbelievably scary, as far as i could remember, i tink i closed my eyes 70% of the time and see through between my palms 20% of the time so i only watched the movie in full closure by 10%, but i would really say that the movie is worth watching, and should be nominated for the oscars. I really am a gaptek person, so i would say that the graphic and the animated effects and all those techology things in the movie is just beyooonndd! they look sureal to me.

The story line, the emotional touch and the myth and history behind the movie, now that's my area of specialty. The first time i heard the term "spartacus" was back in primary school. It was a modern classic ballet cheography adopted from greek tales. The ballet portrays spartacus as a slave who tried to break free. So, when i watched the movie, i kinda get an idea on what the movie is all about. Another jinx moment during the movie was when i found out that the tyrant, the king of persia whom is the antagonist character is King Xerxes, and i went, Hang on! that's like QUEEN ESTHER's husband.

The king Xerxes that i have studied all these tymes had always been portrayed to be handsome, charismatic, wise and kind hearted (so kind hearted he would give Esther half of his Kingdom), but never portrayed as a villain, for gucci sake, he was a 3 metres tall, pierced faced, half human-half shrek, self-consumed king. How could esther marry such a monster? Moreover, all the women of persia are pierced and tattoed and they perform witchcraft. I'm like.. my goodness! Is this the real persia that Esther has been living in? It really is a country of "Arabian night" where i imagine Aladin and his blue jinnie lived. I wonder how Esther survived being a woman of God by being married and becoming a queen of such a nation? The bible said that she's being given special treatment for 6 months before she was presented before the king, so she was bathed in kemenyan and sesajen? and being pieced from head to toe perhaps? eeewww....

Tirzah and me were discussing the movie while we watched it, "So why did he go to war against the persian?" First we thought it was Pride as a spartan (the typical cause of war: man and his ego! What else?) but in the end, when we saw Leonardus prepared himself to take his last breathe, we witnessed him standing tall and his last words being "my queen, my wife, my love" and yep, as Xenia said, being a mushy mushy person that i am, that brought me into tears. Oh my Gucci, so romantic. He fought the battle for her and her alone. Not his country, not his ego, not even for his son. It was all to defend and protect her. How sweet cud that be? In the end, his lead had inspired the whole Greece to unite and end the slavery by the Persian Empire. (i wondered Was Esther still the Queen at that time?)

So yeah, I'm so saying that this movie deserves a round of applause and full encore. Totally Grand, love it. Well, other than the movie, my short break over the long weekend is amazing. I told Kuh-Cing that i wanted to buy flowers for my studio, but instead of taking me to the usual florist, she took me to the largest floristry workshop in JakBar. There i purchased the vase and did the arrangement by myself. I ended up with 3 beautiful flower arrangements in the end. Couldn't been better! Then i went furniture hunting with tirss the very next day. Found the perfect baroque armchair, with the perfect fabrics. Could not wait til next month when my chairs will be finished.

No comments: