Tuesday, March 27, 2007

last night

It was 23:00, I was on my PJ, settling down with a hot mug of latte and adoring Michael Scofield’s blue eyes on DVD. Then this kucrrrittt, yang sudah hilang dari peredaran dan tidak terdengar kabarnya for a week, out of nowhere called and he went

ganti baju, siap2 yah, gua jemput kita ngopi
and I was like, “do you know where I live?”
kemang, right? Coba kasi direction dari showroom loe
then I went on and on for 5 minutes, until both of us give up.
Okay, terlalu susah. Daripada nyasar besok siang ajah deh”
Okay, have a great night


eh baru juga tutup telepon mo nerusin nonton, he sms me and went
what’s open in kemang at this hour?”
starbucks, foodfest, ohlala, nu china, amore, banyak..”
ok kita ke starbucks ajah. Sms gw direction ke rumah loe”
ahhaha okay you can try to come here if u want to


If you have never tried to get to my place, I can tell you it is the most confusing jalan di Jakarta. Sebenernya deket dan gampang banget tapi kebanyakan belokan, jalan tikus and gak ada patokan. It would be easy if you have someone to guide you in person, but giving direction through phone or worse, text. It is just plain confusing. Moreover, this friend of mine, yes rian if you read this, this is your friend we are talking about, well, he is the most clueless person on earth when it comes to direction. He is worse than me. He always misses the easiest turn and cannot remember direction even though we’ve been to a place for more than 3 times. SO I was thinking, paling juga ni orang nyobain setengah jalan terus diah give up and cancel it.
As a result, I don’t even bother to get dressed or siap2 segala macem. I thought to myself, entar ajah kalo dia beneran nyampe gw baru siap2 hahaha And I continued watchin my DVD. Sebenernya jalan dari showroom ke rumah gua will only take 5 minutes, so after 15 minutes the guy did not show up I was just waiting for the cancellation phone call. But I was surprised when he really showed up at my gate at 12.

Sejujurnyah udah ngantuk banget dan maleeess banget turun dari ranjang. But I have to appreciate his effort. After all he is the first person can arrive at my place without given any direction in person. And he was not a Kemang person. Moreover, I have to give him some credits too for his spontaneous gesture. Missing and lost without a trace and suddenly out of nowhere shows up and taking me out for late night coffee. Ya, ya, ya I guess I just have to live with your bossy, maksa, demanding and seenak jidat nature, huh? You’re lucky you’re a “temen lama” and I’ve known you back and front, otherwise you would have already driven me mad with those kind of attitudes, babe!!

When I got into the car, I cannot stop laughing.

Seriously, I thought that you would never make it
and he started cursing with his bahasa dewa (you know, the henghoeng, singsuing, kengkong, cah kangkung whatever those words mean haha) Anyhow, we ended up talking and talking and talking in Oh La La til 3 in the morning and yes, I woke up at 9. Yes, I was late for work.

No comments: