Monday, March 12, 2007

bersihhh bersihhhh yuukkk..!!!

For as long as I have lived, that is for 22 years and a month, never before I have appreciated the existence of a television and a DVD player so much, until the past 7 days living without them. Now I can testify to the old saying, you never know how much you love someone, well in my case some things, until you lost them. I cant imagine what did our ancestors do before TV was invented? Read books and eat chocolate cakes all night? Well, that’s what I had been doing in the past 7 days. So, I want to send my warm gratitude to the person who saves the entire human race by inventing TV, and even a much warmer gratitude for whoever that is who invented indovision. “Love you, bro!!”

It has been 2 months since the last time I watched indovision, so I was too excited when turning on the TV at 22:00 last night and Rugrats was on instead of Wulan, or Putri, or ningsih or asep and their other friends. Not that I wanted to watch Rugrats either, but yeah just happy to find out that the Tante Susy has got the cable TV installed for moi.

Well, moving to a niu house is tricky I should have known that since this is Jakarta for Gucci sake. There’s no such thing as too good to be true, there I said it again. When looking at the current picture of my new studio, it was just fabulous. It’s a mix of old school Mediterranean and 50’s classic. The wall unit and the flooring is solid wood while the bathroom is full on, corner-to-corner, turquoise marble. A huge mirror is hanging on one side of the wall. The studio room is just grand By the time I looked at the picture I already had in mind how I would like to decorate it: Audrey Hepburn: Breakfast in Tiffany.

However, when I moved in, well the room is still beautiful but it was not as perfect as I imagined it to be. The furniture is not old school charm, it is more like old school harm. Too many defect, stain and cat yang udah ngelupas. The furniture make the room to look more like a boarding school room rather than Audrey hepburm. But the room was nothing in comparison to the bathroom. The bathroom was 180 derajat dari yang gua harapkan. It was a total mess.

At a quick inspection, you won’t notice all the stains and flaws there. But I have rented house for a period of 4 years in Perth. I have learnt how my landlord checked the cleanliness of every corner to the cornerest of a room. Well, when I was in perth, this is time when I am going to pick up my fone and dial 911-San2-to-the-rescue. “Sann.. bak mandi gw ko warnanya kuning, hijau, biru gini… harus pake apaan?” IT was literally kuning hijau biru, the toilet bowl, the mirror and the tub. I was scrubbing them all night. The mirror had too many blotches all over it. I’ve asked everyone on cleaning product and have tried everything that I’d seen in the cleaning department in Carrefour. After 3 days of scrubbing, kaki kesemutan, and pinggul pegel2 big times, I gave up and bought a tub mat. Corleone told me that all the kuning hijau biru all over the place are not filth, they are just worn off because of udah tua. But I’m like, I’m gonna stay here for at least a year, I don’t want to come home to kuning hijau biru on my tub and spooky looking mirror.

Scorpio likes to make a joke on me whenever I said spooky, he told me that the blotches on my mirror looks like blood stain and he would call me to ask me to check the mirror at 12 at night and damn! I t was really spooky. Anyhow, I decided that I am going to make my room a desirable place to live. And if my friends would drop by, I want them to go “Aaaww..” not “Eeewww…”
So, I’ve put pages and pages of vogue to cover the blotches on the mirror and the toilet bowl is saved by soap bubble (haha). Yeah, yeah I have been playing cat and mouse with my landlords for 4 years, if they know how to find the tiniest stain, I know how to hide them perfectly. Well, in the end because there are too many Vogue supermodels on my mirror and too many paintings to add charms to the old school, the bathroom does not look “Breakfast at tiffany” anymore, it’s more like, Carrie Bradshaw, in her 20s at least (haha!) But I’m loving it. I’ve spent hours in it last night doing my nails and reading Harper bazaar while listening to Justin T.

Notes :
To popoi, Pricewater House Coopers huh!?!? That’s worth a celebration, gurl! Congratulations poi.. You do really deserve the best..

To Microsoft, thank you for the blubbery cheesecake and flowers. it's not like i'm moving house, "the house" but thank you so much. love it. love it. love it.

No comments: