Wednesday, March 21, 2007

speaking of imperfection,

Thanks to bobskee, and all the Indonesian students at CBS who had introduced me to MEEBO.COM. Gudnezz me, I guess it does not matter how hard the staff try to block every chatting websites, the software and everything in CBS, those Indonesian kids will outsmart them anyway. Being a student at CBS for 2 years (and a half), I think I know several chatting websites that we can crack on the uni computer, so when I arrived at my office in Kemang and realized that MSN function is disabled, I tried all kind of web messenger things that I knew. (MSN function? Messenger thing? I know Microsoft and Rian will laugh out loud when they read this.. Iya dehhh emang gua gaptek.. mana gua pikirin the right term for all of those things.. yang penting bisa chatting, friendster and blogging haha.)

The other day Rian was goin, “u chat?” and I was “gak bisa chatting, MSNnya di block, ada firewall or something like that” and he went “MSN mana ada firewallnya?” hahaha.. iyahlahhhh pokoknya u got what I meant.. Hey nobody’s perfect! I can’t do computer and parkir parallel, or parkir mundur, or liat kaca spion hahahah (seriously I can drive a car that does not have rear end mirror. Because ada kaca spion pun gak pernah gua liat ko.. Burut was terrified when we were driving in a car with no kaca spion and gua dengan polosnya ngomong “buat apa kaca spion?” hahahaha… yang penting kita selamat sampe di tempat tujuan kan bur…. Barely ahhahaah!)

Speaking of imperfection, this morning I was browsing through random blogs in friendster and I landed on a blog of a girl whose life, I thought, is perfect. We were introduced once, long time ago, but never met again ever since. Well, may be one day. I would really love to meet her. She is very innocent, never has bad thoughts towards people (I suppose with that kind of attitude, she might be mistreated by people, taken for granted and all, but against all odds, she’s still happy and loving everyone around her)

Anyway, this girl is beautiful and gorgeous in appearance, not drop dead gorgeous enough to make to the runway, but people told me that she is very popular in the social circuit, shinning brighter than other girls who are 10 times more beautiful than her, because of her great personality. She makes the tattler and Harper Bazaar every now and then, in the arms of a stunning leading man. I thought with her “life is beautiful” mentality alone; she would live a very happy life. In addition to that, she is loved by people and lives a glamorous life in this city. However, after reading her blog, I could really see another side of this person. She has got a series of unfortunate events in her life as well. Quite tough for a pretty little girl with a fragile heart like her, I can imagine.

Anyhow, the moral of the story is, sometimes when life gets tough, one used to think, nobody goes through a deeper shit than me. This thing that I am facing right now, nobody could understand, and it has gone beyond my strength, I cannot do this. So, I would myself to breakdown and doing some “harm just to cause pain that will mend the real pain. ” (Easy there! I do not cut my wrist or do drugs or anything suicidal)

But, reading her blog has made me realize that everyone has his or her shit to go through. Her family is dysfunctional but she could still live a very normal, happy life. I have witnessed all my life that children will end up like their parents. No matter how hard they tried, believe me this is a cold fact reality, they will end up like their parents. I’ve heard testimonials of a girl who had seen his father left her mother for another woman, and saw her mother crying every night, and sworn off to death that she will not end up like her, but in the end she found herself eventually marrying a clone of her father. I have heard stories of guys who have seen his father beaten up the mother and was never at home, working his arse off in the office. The son had sworn of that he would never treat woman like that, but unconsciously he grown up to be a workaholic and a person who “maen tangan” towards his wife. The saying that says an apple never falls further from its tree is totally correct. There is no way that you could run from your roots. However, apparently there are still some apples that tried their best to runaway from the trees. And they succeed.

So yep, bad excuses to be wacky such as bad family roots or excuses like “I was born like this”, “this is me” are invalid. Live right! And I also learn from the girl, don’t sweat over the negative things in life. In many situations in life, it is easier to become a simple person. Don’t over analyze everything and being too critical over things that aint worth your time. Here, I quote some lines from her blog, “people are selfish, unreasonable and proud. Love them anyway”. Words to live by, girl.

No comments: