Thursday, September 28, 2006

my drugs of choice

yes, if you have known me long enuf, damn it doesnt take tat long actually, to know that i am an addict.
Just spend a day with me and observe: how many times i inject my body with caffeine? you do the math.
what can i say? i tried to quit. I TRIED BIG TYMES. baik dengan kesadaran sendiri ataupun paksaan orang lain.

my frens even put a money (and an ear: Kereut yeuh ceuli aing lamun si lin2 berenti ngopi --> quote mr. bojeng!) to bet on the fact that the strike wont last for long. They got it right.

The longest strike i've ever been on was when i was living under one roof for one week with my bf's mum. She detest my binge drinkin problem and she will hunt me down here and there to make sure i aint indulging at all in my addiction. she even talks to my mum to remind me to stop drinkin.

i love her, and for gudness sake i tried to quit for her. Even her daughters pitied me and would give me sum coffeemix while she was not around. But after i return home i just cant handle it anymore. I told him: "well, i love your mum. but this is too much to bear" .

You see, me and my coffee, it's been a very very long, loving, cant-live-without each other kinda relationship. it's been 8 years and i think i'm gonna live happilyy ever after, with my caffeine. how could i betray something that has been united with me, in blood, in my mind in my life, all the time (literally saying: i tink i'm a black blooded woman)

Tis relationship has made a really big impact on people as well, if i may say. There are more than 20 people who are affected and becomin a follower ever since i consumed my first cup of latte. haha. Yes, no bullshit. dari mulai yang belom pernah nyoba, ga bisa konsumsi banyak2, sampe yang benci sama kopi, all of them have abusive drinking problem now. Welcome to the circle of trust. nyehnyehnyeh. when you come to my house, i dont serve water, softdrink or tea. You want to drink? mau kopi apa? tubruk, instant ato mo dibikin pake coffe machine? (am i rite, all you perth people) If we go out together for chilling: morning, afternoon, evening, supper, semi-night-ish, anytime! we order coffee. So you know, sooner or later people who hang out with me will just catch the disease.

See, why shud i quit then? I take coffee when i need to think, i take coffee when i need to clear my digestive system (you know what tat mean!) I need coffe when we are going through intense conversation. Damn, i need coffee conversation tat lasts longer than 10 minutes. mind you! i talk a lot. I need coffee when i need to diet. (Yes it works ladies. dont eat, just refill your mug haha), i need coffee when i am bored, i need coffee when i am tired, whether i am in bad or good mood, i need it every hour on the hour for the rest of my life. i am an addict, well and a writer and a criminal mastermind as well.









No comments: