Monday, February 12, 2007

fat, broke, and love affairs

back to blogging, finally, thanks to boredom attack at 15:41. Yes, i hav 2 hours to kill before i can leave the office and hit f'jl for monday afternoon cardio exercise. Those cardio exercise are really an order, in my defence, since i have not been exercising at all in the past 2 months. I am starting to hate the mirror and my newly purchased size 26 jeans Okay, so me friends (all of them) who have been forcing me to put on sum weights, congratulations! jakarta is really a place to rehab all of those nicole richie look alike. I've put on 4 pounds in less than a month. thanks to those huge banjir that caused me to be trapped at home for 5 days: nothing to do except eating, watching DVDs and sleep. Wooho! in 5 days all of my skinny jeans are feelin toooittt, mate! Yes, i dont fit into size 26 anymore..
Moreover, i got to confess to the sin of overspending, well, to put it in the exact words, i've used my credit card to the limit in less than 30 days, God forgive me. That's why i'm in desperate needs to go back to bandung for sin-ciah this weekend. I need suntikan dana to pay the bills. Again, in my defence, i would bet my gucci purse on this: that any sane, vogue-devotee, fashion TV lover, and Kate Moss worshipper gurl would not be able to resist tempation of not falling into the cardinal sin of overspending if she has to pass through a line of boutiques everyday, twice a day that is: on the way to and from work!. If there is anyone who could put her eyes straight on the road, i want the name of her theraphist.
anyhow, people are asking why i ended up taking this option eventhough the other options offer me bigger pays, My dear san2, who has been my bestfriend for a while, had guessed it right. "Pasti pengen dandan and pake baju a la art director yah, lin?" Iyaalaahh.. why would a 22 years old care for working in an established institution, contribute a significant value for the company, stressing over company's budgets and deadline, eventhough they pay big bucks, when she's been offered to a gallery to run and a new appartment to live. The employer had warned me that the job will be boring, that i would have nothing to do but to sit in front of my desk until potential buyers come to the front door. And i'm like, i wont be bored , i have a "project runway, devil wears prada, New-york Fashion week" production in my agenda. My long abandoned high waisted skirts, jersey dress, and peep-toe shoes are ready to breathe the kemang air. So yes, right now the wardrobe has taken the 4th week mark and the review has been fabulous so far.
Moreover,the city could not be more exciting now that all the major players are back in the game, yes, my game that is. Btw, i am allowed to talk like this. I am single. My male-reality-touchdown-best friend, mr. emosi, had said "kade siah, CLBK!" for like a hundred times by now. Well, too late, i am CLBK-ing, my friend. And.. ahh say hello to sum new contenders : the arrogant, lazy but his IQ is 140 so it's okay to be lazy, argumentative, sharp tongue, sarcastic, bae yong jun looking hunk whom i will name: sherlock. Yes finally, found someone who is qualified to be named sherlock! I was hooked after an intense 3 hours arguments on the topic of human behaviour 301 with him over dinner. He is so pedes that he almost made me cry.
And microsoft: yes a computer geek who is unbelievable smart as well. I cant believe someone so young could have his own IT company that he started from scratched, paid for his education in the states for over 5 years, and owns property in the states as well. Now that is a high quality bachelor. Plus, he is cute, has toned arms and wears diesel jeans. So cute that i talked my boss into buying a software system for our gallery from him. (okay, our gallery actually does not need a software system. But who cares? might come handy one day haha)
Apparently, i have not learnt any better after all these tymes. My brother had warned me that moving to jakarta on my own is like entering sarang penyamun, good looking, charming, intelligent- executive, sleek, heart-breaker type of penyamun that is. So, all of my single gurlfriends out there, i'll say bring your gorgeous self to sarang penyamun, where the boutiques are fine, the food are divine, the martini is a killer, and the sight seeing is totally awesome. Cheers

No comments: