Thursday, September 13, 2007




yes, working in a furniture gallery has turned me into an interior devotee. It has changed my preference of furniture as well. If u asked me three years ago, what kind of interior style that i like, i would say "minimalis", because obviously, it was the most common one at the time. My mum, whom is an excellent interior decorater opts more for a country style, or mediteranian perhaps. But, i was more of the minimalis - japanese zen style - kinda girl.


but my oh my, after working in a classic american furniture gallery, all i can say is "Minimalis sucks!!"

I mean, modern contemporary is great but no more minimalist style, please.

I dont deny that i love IKEA, we all love IKEA, but tell me now you, dont you hate how your book shelves and shoe racks change their shapes after they stayed at your place for 3 months. I had loads and loads of products from IKEA (and Freedom) back then in Perth. I used to love my furniture for their style and price. But they are plain. Well, i only realised that my taste was plain after I have learnt about the quality of solid wood, how they are processed, crafted and polished with paint and chemical and end up in a great piece of art.


Before i studied furniture and classic american style, i used to flip through VOGUE living magazine and went BLEEHH.. when looking at the castle and mansion of the dukes and barons and counts and earls yaaahhh u kno what i meant... those flowery patterned sofa, those antique looking coffee table and not-matching-yet-so-colourful carpet are so last century. But hey, now i'm a true believer. I love american classic, better yet the English charm. OF course those baroness and your highness style are marvelous but dont really suit my clumsy personality, so while searching for furniture for the new apartment, i'm opting for more classic contemporary with a little taste of eclectic. You like?


Anyhow, apart from furniture, i'm sending my greatest condolescene for the earthquake victims in Bengkulu and those who missed the great Debenhams sale.


Now that i am going to quit my job in 2 months, a great job offer comes my way. Thanks heaps for referring me, cozin! we'll eat, drink and be merry. I want to come wif you to SF, or with MCDreamy to Korea, of wif Ce'em and Cinkeh to Sydney. Haiyehhhhh why is that all of you taking vacation and leaving me alone here?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lin, the prewedd pictures are great :). You two are perfect for each other.
-Fang Fang-