Saturday, June 03, 2006

the encounter

"i'm not interested"
"i know you are. but please, do it for me. just meet him once, and after that you dont have to do it anymore"
"Just tell him i'm taken"
"He knows that you are not."
"Why are you insisting? looks like you owe him your life."
"Want an honest truth? i owe him my life."
"Who is he? the godfather or something?"
"He is, the kryptonite"
"the what?"

"Hey sweetheart, i'm outside. bisa keluar sekarang?"
sweetheart? who the hell do you think you are?
we've never met, we dont even know each other
I opened the door and there he was
standing three footsteps away from me

he stares deeply into my eyes
for another second too long
"you are much more beautiful than what i've heard"
sweet-talker!
"I bought you something"
then he presents a statue of an angel
"that's unusual. i thought i will get red roses or chocolate"
"I'm not generic. an angel for an angel"
"Arent you something. thank you"

The place, ahh the place,
i was shocked.
he drove into a university parking area.
"I thought we are going to have dinner"
"yes we are"
"In a university?"
"I bet no men have ever taken you to a university for dinner, right?"
"Yeah. i forgot. you are not generic."


the time is 8 pm
"You have to be very quiet, or else the security guard will catch you"
"What? i'm not setting myself for anything illegal. Are we breaking down something?"
"Haha. i really am dating an angel. come on. it will be fun"
"and i just agreed to a dinner invitation by the devil himself"
"Are you in or are you out?"

i've never done anything quite like this in my entire life.
I wouldnt dare
But there is something captivating and thrilling about the guy that i cannot turn down
Before i make up my mind whether to quit or continue,
he takes me by the hand and says,

"Nobody says no to me"

We entered an empty lecture theatre
through the back door, then a side window
he went upstairs to turn on the light and the overhead projector

"I feel like a thief"
"Owyeah. this is entrapment, angel"

He's coming downstairs,
with a box of pizza and a bottle of white wine
"You got to be kidding. haha. Are you sure we're not gonna be caught?"

"shh. The movie is going to start soon?"
"What? You want us to watch movie in a lecture theatre. Can you use the equpment and projector? Hey, this is a crime"
"Hey it's the notebook, angel. Your favourite"
"for gucci sake, how do you know?"
" i know much about you than you thought i do"

"Have we ever met before?"
"In a lifetyme before, yes. we were lovers. and now, we reincarnate to find each other again"
"haha easy there, romeo."
"I believe you are starving by now, and i believe the meat lovers with extra toppings and bbq sauce is an offer that you cannot refuse"
"Okay. This is getting scary. how do you know that?
"Google.com. haha i also happen to know that you have 5 angel statutes in your bedroom, you like the colour of white, your shoe size is six and a half, and your favourite singer is sade"
"and i have not even tell you my name yet, but i guess you've known from google"
"No. I want to call you angel"
"and how shall i call thee?"
"if you want to call me the devil, that sounds ok. or else you can call me brad pitt or whatever. just remember, my last name. My last name is kryptonite"


one box of pizza is all he needs to impress me
one movie marathon is all he needs to sweep me off my feet
one glass of white is all he needs to charm me
one thrilling experience is all he needs to make me wanting more
one manipulative conversation is all he needs to screw my brain
one smile is all he needs to spare my sould
one kryptonite is all it takes to break my heart, eventually.

No comments: