Thursday, March 10, 2005

me, open book


i went out wif a very good "OLD" fren from my hometown the other day, the most hilarious, mature, wise, smart and ambitious business woman, namely ms irene wang. She is only 4 yrs older than me and she runs a successful convention hotel in indo, what a woman hey?! (www.pesonabamboe.com)
well, spending two days and a quarter with a successful business woman would make you learn a thing or two, yea! rin, i really love your "Relationship Essentials" and am looking foward to practise them hahaha. *dosanya ibu rumah tangga ama wanita karier, nyeleweng versus nyogok, sampe tas hermes* hahaha seriously, i never met a funnier woman than u are. cannot wait to hang out wif u entar kalo gw for gut yah rin :)
anyhow, airin also keeps mentioning this issue of living in perth versus living in bandung; when u live in perth u fight with boredom and when u live in bandung, u fight challenge and unusual, everchanging, continuos problems after problems. Both options are not desirable yet challenging.
may be fighting after boredom sounds like an easy thing to do, but all perth people must have known it very well, it's harder than you might have thought. if you want to go out, day or nite, you only have two options: eat or watch movie. Man, that's it! so yeah..living in a relaxed city like perth, you have to keep youself busy. Get a job, get into short term course, have a hobby: golf, cooking, watever, have foxtel at home, or have a boyfren to keep you company. my gurlfrens and i were talking the other nite, and we discussed tat we wouldnt be able to squeeze time for relationship in indo, as you are going to be too busy making money, but in perth, if u dont have a partner then you are dead. that is so true but in my personal opinion, in the end u'll meet more people and make more frens when u are single.
anyhow, my tyme in perth is almost done, so i'll nearly finish my fight against boredom yea...i am just wondering how would i face those challenges di bandung , humm?? if a tough, strong, damn smart person like airin gets headache when dealling wif probs, what would happen to me? Screw problems, i'm gonna love bandung still anyway, so rinn...wait for me yea!! let's get down to business, and make big bucks there!

2 comments:

Lara Potter said...

have you tought about jakarta lin? the challenge is doubled the challenge in bandung.. the food also yummy, the network is doubled awesome, the money is also everywhere. we got the most awesome church jpcc too :D he he he ....as well you got your bebeh running her business there. interested? :p

Isaiah 46:4 said...

I live in jakarta as well as bandung (bandung is my hometown anyway). All of us who went back for good to Indonesia felt all the challenges here. However, my friend, Frieda said that it is more look like real life if you are living in Indo since you face so many problems. Wherever we live, I believe there is something different, anyway life is full of tests...... Definitely the real challenge for me is keeping my faith when all around is not supportive, but that's when God's promise stands firm: Be bold and courageous, and He is providing me more and more friends. After all, my friends are getting back for good to Indo, like Linlin, Vanny, Alvin, Alex, Sherlia and Sandy.